I know I should get out more... but I always get very excited when it's my turn to host the fabulous Waiter! There's something in my..." event, hosted alternately by Jeanne of Cook Sister!, Andrew of SpittoonExtra and myself.
After waxing poetic about how much I enjoy a lavish breakfast on the weekend, I think it's time the foodblogging world showed us what makes THEIR breakfast special... don't even bother sending me entries with marmite on toast, I want the most luxurious, indulging, refreshing, creative recipe you have up your sleeve and it's totally up to you what you make as long as it fits the breakfast theme.
So, your options include, but are not limited to:
- eggs in any shape or format (eggs benedict, oeufs cocotte, scrambled, eggs & soldiers, etc)
- sandwiches, bagels, pitta pockets...
- any poached fruit or jam recipe inherited from your gran
- a special bread you bake
- a sweet treat like cakes or muffins
- your (until now) secret recipe for a breakfast smoothie
- a killer pancake recipe
- the perfect porridge
- or maybe you want to try your hand at smoking or curing your own salmon?
As you can see, the possibilities are endless.
So, invite some friends over or just treat yourself to a breakfast or brunch that pulls all the stops - and share one of your favourite recipes with us by the 30th of April 2008.
What's keeping you, then? I can't wait to find out what your favourite treat is!